Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Working Days Of A Professional Business Writer/Marietta

Professional writers and "work" do not seem to go together if you watch televison shows like "Sex and the City" or "Two and a Half men," do they? Surprisingly, most people do not understand that a professional writer around Marietta, Douglasville, or Atlanta spends as much of his/her working day marketing for work as he or she does actually writing paid-work copy. 

Indeed, we are servants to Social Media (facebook, Linked-In, Twitter), Blogs, Websites, and Ezine sites. We even have to work-up proposals for people.

I suppose that we don't mind blogging and posting too much, when it is a great part of the work we do for clients, as well. We live at the mercy of our telephones and e-mail boxes, awaiting the next potential client or prospect. No, the working days of a professional writer are not all that glamorous at all.

When you do call us, we find that we are often in competition with other professional writers over when we can have a business plan competed, the turn-around time on a Federal Resume, or how many days it will take to write 10 pages of web content.



At Jimmy Hall Writing Services/ Marietta-Douglasville (404-580-1501) I try and balance my time as well as possible. When I write client copy, I do so efficiently & effectively, providing "clever writing for results."

I think, plan, organize, and assimilate BEFORE I write client copy. My job is to write as if I am writing copy for myself. Yes, the work must be relevant, informative, seo-oriented for attracting viewers, and also supply subtle "calls to action" to be persuasive for solid results.

This blog piece is a part of my working day, as a telephone call would be, if I can assist you or your company or organization (404-580-1501).
 ~ Jimmy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment