Friday, August 14, 2015

Resumes: How I Write Resumes For Clients/Atlanta - Macon

Hi. Resumes. The function of a resume (thus of the resume preparer/resume writer) is to secure interviews with prospective employers. 

The resume gets you in the door and then it is your responsibility to present yourself in a manner so that the interviewer LIKES you and RESPECTS your ability to handle the position in question. (This is true for Atlanta, Macon, Marietta, and anywhere else nationwide.) Simple, right? Sometimes.



I write resumes for these clients in Georgia and nationwide, particularly in the areas of Atlanta, Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, and Douglasville, down to Macon. I know whereof I speak and write. Let me share some thoughts with you, particularly if you are seeking employment or a new position.

How do resume developers operate? How do I write them for clients? Most writing services tend to use pre-made templates and sort of "fill-in the areas" of a generic outline. What you usually get is a so-called resume that is inhumane, extremely general, and looks like it was done via a template. 

Consequently, there is little uniqueness about the work of many resume developers. What is worse is that the interviewers can tell it. Your first big task is to be responsible for providing them an effective resume, and you basically fail out of the gate with this type of generic document.

I work differently. I write all resumes individually in WORD documents. I know what to ask you for, what is needed for inclusion. 



Sure, contact info (precise name, e-mail, cell phone, address, etc) is required, as is a work history, your education background, an objective for me to keep in mind, and all the associated names, dates, and locations of each. But, what else? What does Jimmy Hall Writing Services/Atlanta-Macon (404-580-1501) do differently?

I also want to know the adjectives that describe you, your special skills and talents, accomplishments, awards, organizations, morality/ethics, connections if any, and the keywords related to the position you desire and the companies offering them. 

If you know who is doing the interviewing or resume reading, I'd like to know that also - and something about them. I even like personal quotes about your thoughts on work. Understand? It is good to have and know as much information as possible whether your resume is to be delivered in Macon, Atlanta, Marietta, or even New York City. Basics are basics.

Folks, it is all about CONNECTING with the resume reader - and making yours unique and nice enough to stand-out from the others that you are in competition with (yes, you are in a competition for employment).

I assimilate all of a client's info, decide how I want to layout and design the resume for best results (what to emphasize, what to divert attention away from, how to use the info to extrapolate future performance, etc) and carefully craft it on behalf of that one person for its readers and potential interviewers.

What do I charge? It varies a little, of course, depending upon the difficulty of the task. 

Generally:
Basic Resume: few jobs/schools, etc $65-$75.
Executive Resume: $80+.
Federal Resume: $110+.
Student Resume/New Graduate Resume: $60-$70.
Traditional Resume: $70+.

I would like to prepare your resume, no matter where you live. I operate efficiently via e-mail. Thanks, Jimmy Hall (404-580-1501).

No comments:

Post a Comment